How does Lipocryolisis work?
During the treatment, a special conductor is placed onto the chosen body zone and the sub-cutaneous tissue is lifted using vacuum technology, after which the fatty tissue is cooled with selected cryo-techonology. Using fast cooling the sub-cutaneous tissue is destroyed. The fat cells in the sub-cutaneous tissue contains a lot of saturated fatty acids and they are therefore more susceptible to cold exposure.
Thanks to this new technique little rolls of fat in specific areas such as the belly, legs, and waist can be tackled. After the treatment, the body’s natural metabolism will gradually remove the treated fat cells through the kidneys and the liver. The first results from the treatment will be visible after 4 to 6 weeks. Because the fat cells are drained gradually, the skin will adapt to the new slimmer contours without slackening. The big advantage of lipocryolisis is that the fat cells are removed without damage to the skin or any other surrounding tissue or organs.
Scientifically proven research has shown that fat cells are naturally more vulnerable to the effects of cold then surrounding tissue, and that fat cells can be safely removed without damaging the skin. The selective effect occurs because the fat cells crystallise at a higher temperature than the freezing point of cells containing water. In this way cryolipolysis can tackle fat cells, whilst skin, muscles and nerves remain unaffected.
How many treatments do I need?
After a free intake consultation we first decide whether this technique is suitable for the particular client, after which the treatment method is explained and treatment plan is made. The number of treatments necessary depends on the volume of the chosen zone. For the best results you will need 3 to 5 treatments on average. About 20% of the fat cells disappears after just one treatment. There are 6 weeks between treatments.
What does the client experience?
During the first few minutes of the treatment a client will experience an intense sensation of cold which passes quite quickly. The client is sitting or lying down comfortably and can read, use a laptop or even sleep. Depending on the number of treated zones, a session takes about one to two hours.
Is there a recovery period after the treatment?
You can resume your everyday activities on the day of the treatment. This includes physical (sport) activity.
For whom is cryolipolysis suitable?
- Cryolipolysis is not meant to facilitate weight loss, but it is intended to improve the contours of the body and remove localized fatty deposits. Therefore the treatment is not suited to treat excess weight. Precisely those people who, despite intensive exercise cannot get rid of, for example, their ‘love handles’ can benefit from a cryolipolysis treatment. When these problems areas, despite diet and exercise and its associated weight loss, don’t want to shift, cryolipolysis can be for you. During a course 3 to 5 cm of fat can be removed permanently. So for people who, despite a healthy lifestyle, have little rolls of fat that they can get rid of, this treatment is a quick, painless and relatively easy treatment method. But also people who are losing weight through a diet can use cryolipolysis to break down excess fat more easily. To be clear: you lose weight through exercise and a healthy diet, whilst cryolipolysis helps shrink your so-called ‘problem zones’.
- The results of the cryolipolysis treatments are comparable to invasive treatment methods such as liposuction. The fat cells are eliminated and the results are retained as long (through a healthy diet and exercise) the normal calorie balance is retained. The fat cells will stay away permanently as long as the client maintains his or her weight. By paying attention to your diet and exercising regularly the long-term results will be stable. It is also possible to optimize the results of a cryolipolysis treatment by combining the treatment with an endermology session and sound waves at which we are very experienced as well.
The advantages of Cryolipolysis
- Multiple zones can be treated at the same time
- Slim down where you want
- A course of treatments consists of 3 to 5 sessions
- Proven to be effective
- Improves skin quality
- Measurable results 4 to 6 weeks after the first treatment
- The treatment is absolutely painless
- There’s no “down time”
- This external treatment is non-invasive
- Slim down healthily with quickly visible results
- Fat cells are disposed of by the body in a natural way
- Safe treatment without any risk of unpleasant complications
- Tight and radiant result
- Alternative to liposuction
- Can also be used after a liposuction treatment
Which zones can be treated?
Every zone of the body with unwanted fatty deposits can be treated with cryolipolysis.
The side effects which can be caused by the treatments are minimal and harmless. There can be localised redness, bruises and a slight temporary numbness of the skin. These potential side effects disappear naturally over time. Usually the thighs, belly, “love handles” and arms are treated. In cases of noticeable asymmetry of the body’s contours it is also possible to treat just one side.
Specific areas: Legs: inside / legs: outside / saddle bags / belly / stomach area / waist / back / love handles / buttocks / knees / upper arms
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Fastshape Procedure is comfortable for most patients. No anesthesia was needed for any patients in clinical trials. Typically patients are comfortable enough to read, work on their laptop computers, listen to music on headphones, or simply relax during the procedure.
Procedure time can be two hours or more depending on the size of the area to be treated. During your consultation, your doctor will discuss how long your procedure will take and how much time you should allow for your office visit.
- No general/topical anesthesia or pain medication is needed
- A specially designed applicator cup uses a gentle vacuum pressure to draw tissue between the cooling panels.
- You may feel a pulling sensation caused by the vacuum pressure in the area being treated
- When the procedure begins you will feel a cooling sensation in the procedure area. This sensation goes away in few minutes.
- You will either sit or lie down during your procedure, depending on the area being treated.
- Procedure time can be two hours or more depending on the size of the area to be treated. During your consultation, your doctor will discuss how long your procedure will take and how much time you should allow for your office visit.
- The Fastshape procedure is comfortable for most patients. You can read, listen to music on headphones, work on your laptop computer, or simply relax during the procedure.
|TISSUE DRAWN APPLICATOR||AREA POST-PROCEDURE|
Precisely controlled cooling is applied through the skin to the fat layer
Cooling is maintained for a predetermined time period to damage the fat cells
Fat Cells begin a natural removal process that continues for several months
The natural removal of fat cells over time results in gradual fat layer reduction
There is no recovery time after the procedure. You may resume your normal activities on the same day as your procedure, including work and exercise.
A noticeable, measurable fat reduction is typically seen two to four months after a single Fastshape Procedure. You and your doctor can then meet to assess your cosmetic improvement and consider additional Fastshape Procedures to achieve greater fat reduction.
- There is no recovery time after the procedure. You may resume your normal activities on the same day as your procedure, including work and exercise.
- The treated tissue may look or feel stiff immediately after the procedure. This is normal and disappears within 10 minutes.
- The treated area will be red for approximately 20 minutes after the applicator is removed.
- The vacuum pressure can cause bruising and tenderness to the touch. This typically resolves within few weeks
- You may feel a temporary dulling of sensation in the treated area. This is normal and will resolve in a few hours to as long as eight weeks after your procedure
- Mild redness in the treated area lasting for a few minutes to a few hours is an expected but temporary effect to the StarliftLaser Procedure. Some patients may experience more severe or persistent redness that gradually improves after a few days.
- It is not uncommon for the treated area to bruise, which may last for a few weeks after your procedure.
- Within the first two weeks following your procedure you may experience one or more of the following sensations — tingling, tenderness, cramping and/or soreness. Consult your doctor if these conditions persist beyond two weeks or are worsening over time.
- You may feel a temporary dulling of sensation in the treated area for up to eight weeks after your procedure.
- In the weeks following your procedure, a gradual reduction in the thickness of the fat layer will be taking place. In properly selected patients, the StarliftLaser Procedure provides a noticeable, measurable fat reduction in two to four months.
A follow-up visit should be scheduled with your doctor two to four months after your procedure to assess your cosmetic improvement and consider additional Fastshape Procedures to achieve greater fat reduction.
The results of the Fastshape Procedure are not as rapid or dramatic as invasive procedures such as liposuction. However, if you want to avoid the pain, risk and recovery time associated with invasive procedures, the Fastshape Procedure may be the preferred option for you.
Patients experiencing fat layer reduction show persistent results at least six months after the Fastshape Procedure. Longer term studies have not been completed. The elimination of fat cells as a result of the Fastshape Procedure is expected to last about as long as fat cells removed by invasive procedures such as liposuction.
The controlled cooling of the Fastshape Procedure targets and eliminates only fat cells. Other treatment modalities such as lasers, radiofrequency, and focused ultrasound affect fat cells but may afect other adjacent tissue in a way that is not comparable to the Fastshape method of cryolipotherapy.
- The FastShape Procedure is completely non-invasive with no recovery time. You may resume your normal activities on the same day as your procedure, including work and exercise.
- Redness may appear in the treated area, and may last from a few minutes to a few hours.
- Some localized bruising may occur, which clears within a few weeks.
- Many patients experience a temporary dulling of sensation in the treated area, which goes away in one to eight weeks.
The ideal candidate for this procedure is relatively fit, but has some modest-size fat bulges that are not easily reduced through diet and exercise. It is not intended as a way to lose weight or to treat obesity.
Below are examples of patients who are good candidates for the FastShape Procedure.
Good Candidates for the FastShape procedure – Abdomen
Good Candidates for the FastShape procedure – Back Fat
Good Candidates for the FastShape procedure – Love Handle